PDA

View Full Version : Another Pay-to-Win Garbage or a good game comming up?

Igrozni
20-10-12, 09:43 AM
My question goes as the title says, does this game favors players who sink lots of money into the game, or provides equal level playing field for all players (both free, and low budget players)?

There are very few games which provide balanced game play experience to both paying and free customers. Best, and most successful example may be League of Legends (a game in which you can buy costumes and visual upgrades for your characters, but not power). I think the game is more lively and crowded when there are both free to play and paying customers up for the competition.

I would love this game to make lots of money for it developers, but not at the expense of game play experience and balance, but rather for those so called "hats" or costumes like League managed to brilliantly implement!

cheers, and can't wait for the release.

ivanGrozni

Kazerinshin
20-10-12, 10:14 AM
No the game will be on the LoL model only visual upgrades are purchasable no power in being rich
Sorry cant remember where i read it so if you want to see it you are gonna have to search

Skurdy
20-10-12, 12:09 PM
Well seems a lot will be in visual upgrades. But it seems there might be several ways to give you a slight edge on things that would give you an edge. Hopefully these will be minimal.

And i do not agree that LoL is 100% not able to get more power from putting money into it. Because at early levels you can buy access to more heroes with RP, and then use all IP on runes, which then would give you an advantage in a way for quite many levels.

Hadjiling
20-10-12, 12:25 PM
Hello, I am 34 and i play mmo for quite some years now, i always been fascinated by the eastern culture ones, so i played and tried alot of them...many of them still in beta.
When i first heard of this game and what they were trying to put together i was just blowned away! I've been waiting very inpanciently to try and play this game, i made a try to see if i was able to register and try the CN version... .
I just finished creation characther, and just enter the game.....it's nothing like you ever seen....! I am speechless....just trying to absorve everything.
I found some interesting post where it helps to get yourself in the game. And i think the way Snail did the registration process, it's very easy for us to register and no see to use cn letters.
http://ageofwulincn.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation

For those like me that want to have a try and didn't get the chance to play the CB, there's a chance to see what is coming for us...soon!! :))
If you have any questions just lem know....

All the best...

Hellheath
20-10-12, 01:29 PM
I haven't played in EU server since i wasnt able to get a beta key. But from my experience from the CN server, paying gives you a slight advantage, you will also get access to things like other sects. skills. anyone have a spare beta key left?

Ohwind
20-10-12, 01:31 PM
Sadly, but lately shanda is moving towards pay2win stuff in cn. Like selling certain rare skill set books that you can't find in game, etc. Most of the events give best benefits to VIP or paying players in general too, even game mechanics reward vip users a lot lot more. Surely you can buy that for in-game money if you save a lot, because there's in-game market for shop gold, but you won't really be able to afford to buy everything you need from shop (Unless you'll grind on every possible daily limit - crafting, kidnaps, book robbings, resales). You can avoid buying costumes, because there's fashion designs for armors in game, but things like VIP, better horses, some rare skill books, double harvest books, xp pills require some money if you wish to be on the top. Nonetheless you can still enjoy the game even without those items. VIP however is a most worthy investment in the game...x5 more Qi Exp for vip is huge difference, 30% more mastery points, kidnapping rewards higher and so on.

Hellheath
20-10-12, 01:39 PM
there's offline training and setting up shop as well if you're vip.

Igrozni
21-10-12, 05:56 AM
Thanks for your replies guys.
I only brought this up because i've played otther gPotato games like Allods and LOTS of Dragonica (greatest mmoRPG i've seen and played to this day). What brought me apart from these games is exactly this model - pay to win. Even a kid who cant manage his skills, can beat any free player with immense bonus to their armor/weapons due to buying scrolls which can be bought only with money.

I HOPE that this game wont be that drastic. Minimal bonuses to paying customers like boosted XP are welcome, because you can spare your grinding time with money - that's normal and okay, but buying some vastly superior armor and weapon bonuses will ruin the game i am 100% positive.

@ Skurdy Your example is only partially true, because what you can buy in LoL (other heroes) you can buy with in-game money as well. Also the runes - in game money purchasable.

thanks for the read.

Thundersekai
21-10-12, 09:13 AM
How can you ask this when the game isn't even released =w=?...we have no idea how it even is.(no i won't look at how china plays the game).

On another note...Elsword has a pay-to-look-fabulous type of system...you only pay for accessories and costumes and as for things that affect your gameplay....you can buy skills instead of doing skill quests that take some time or you expand your inventory if you think its too small.

The rest is free o3o. If we get it like that...it would be awesome.

Protosx
21-10-12, 11:11 AM
I see.. so there is a trade system to buy Item mall coins using ingame coins? hmm...thats very very very nice info if thats a YES...haha

Thundersekai
21-10-12, 11:52 AM
I see.. so there is a trade system to buy Item mall coins using ingame coins? hmm...thats very very very nice info if thats a YES...haha

Gold sellers says hi.

Zjosephz
21-10-12, 12:07 PM
game is gonna be pay 2 win tho it is normal f2p games need to survive and making it p2w is only win would you donate for server without gaining a thing O.o . It balances difference between time and money . It is clear with current module of aow in CN game is gonna be pay 2 win . At last it depends on Gpotato . I wish game either goes B2P or F2P with cash shop that can really meat time gap .

Hellheath
21-10-12, 01:27 PM
i only hope that we get more tradable silver when doing quests. :D

Wahteer
21-10-12, 01:39 PM
Well, I've also heard that Shanda has recently adopted a more profit-oriented view by selling skills in the cash shop.

But if we ignore that, VIPs get to level their skills much faster. Which is somewhat fair, I suppose.
You pay money to save time.

100% conversion rate
5x Chi
Fortune Telling (400% conversion rate :x)
Offline Skill Training
Offline Stall Q^Q

Mythgm
21-10-12, 01:40 PM
theres no tradeable from quests

Heavenlydragon
21-10-12, 01:42 PM
I think there is ...

Mythgm
21-10-12, 01:50 PM
You can buy certain styles from long time, nothing new, as for faster lvling.. no everyone lvl at same speed

Daredevillllll
21-10-12, 01:50 PM
ho quest for unbound silver, just bound silver from quest

Igrozni
21-10-12, 04:39 PM
How can you ask this when the game isn't even released =w=?...we have no idea how it even is.(no i won't look at how china plays the game).

On another note...Elsword has a pay-to-look-fabulous type of system...you only pay for accessories and costumes and as for things that affect your gameplay....you can buy skills instead of doing skill quests that take some time or you expand your inventory if you think its too small.

The rest is free o3o. If we get it like that...it would be awesome.

I asked developers, about their plan.. not players as this game isnt even out yet. But developers (and publishing house) knows exactly the money model they will use.
This which you gave example, is great example of a model.

As the rest of people i must remind you guys that pay to win is NOT when you are able to save time by paying money. I am actually hoping to be able to save money by paying. What i DONT accept is the possibility to buy some "money-only" gear that would automatically put you above all else free to play players.

Xravager
21-10-12, 06:49 PM
For the sake of game and all players that want to play it i hope they will make cash shop purely visual and time saving.

League of legends has cash shop in which logic says that they will be broke... Do you really think they are broke with such huge player base and popularity? That game beats even WoW in play time (according to xfire) and cash shop has literary 0% impact on gameplay yet so many people use it! Even my friend bought few skins and he never bought anything for any game before!

I think this game is in good hands because gPotato has experience! Everyone who played Allods during beggining knows what happened there! And Allods is huge game similar to AOW in terms of huge world and details yet its empty. Even some crapy cheap mmorpgs has bigger population than allods. I like allods but when i see empty world i quit and many do the same. To me its more important player base than game itself. I hope gpotato makes good decision!

Wahteer
21-10-12, 06:50 PM
You can buy certain styles from long time, nothing new, as for faster lvling.. no everyone lvl at same speed

You are right. I'll amend my statement.
What I meant was that they get mastery points much faster.

But the offline skill training definitely makes a difference, right?

Heavenlydragon
21-10-12, 07:13 PM
I hope the normal customization is really huge...

Igrozni
21-10-12, 11:13 PM
For the sake of game and all players that want to play it i hope they will make cash shop purely visual and time saving.

League of legends has cash shop in which logic says that they will be broke... Do you really think they are broke with such huge player base and popularity? That game beats even WoW in play time (according to xfire) and cash shop has literary 0% impact on gameplay yet so many people use it! Even my friend bought few skins and he never bought anything for any game before!

I think this game is in good hands because gPotato has experience! Everyone who played Allods during beggining knows what happened there! And Allods is huge game similar to AOW in terms of huge world and details yet its empty. Even some crapy cheap mmorpgs has bigger population than allods. I like allods but when i see empty world i quit and many do the same. To me its more important player base than game itself. I hope gpotato makes good decision!

This is exactly what i was aiming about - 100% of your post is what i have on my mind.
i HOPE gPotato will make good move.

cheers!

Marcisgod
21-10-12, 11:34 PM
I hope the normal customization is really huge...

Character appearance customization, or character skills?

If its the appearance ones I can log on the Chinese version and get you an approximation.

For the skills though I have no idea

Harutoalex
22-10-12, 12:13 PM
I have nothing against the VIP bonuses, but if Gpotato does the same crap as Shanda (add books with OP skills) then no matter how much i've waited for this game i'll just quit lol. I'm alrdy playing the chinese version and trust me, u can alrdy see there that the game became p2w.

Lianka
22-10-12, 02:20 PM
Yup like all games=p2w

I dont think here is it different!
Logic there need money for the game!

I dont say i like It!
I play to many games and in all it happens!
I hope the game/shop stay s clean from p2w!
There is no game/shop in europe yet waith and see :)

have fun

Mrluck
22-10-12, 03:47 PM
Yup like all games=p2w

+1 yep its tipical f2p game with cash shop.nothing new

Ixthua
22-10-12, 08:15 PM
Every mmo game has gold sellers, just because many people got used to win and pay for that.

Xravager
22-10-12, 08:49 PM
Yup like all games=p2w

NOOOOOO! ITS NOT LOGICAL!

If they want MORE money they need HUGE PLAYER BASE not HIGH PRICES!
Also cheaper cash shop means more people will use it! The higher the prices the less money will company profit! If game turns P2W thats plague of the game! Gosh i waited for AOW so long and its my number 1 because game looks epic and i dont want it to die like some other games do.

Igrozni
22-10-12, 09:57 PM
NOOOOOO! ITS NOT LOGICAL!

If they want MORE money they need HUGE PLAYER BASE not HIGH PRICES!
Also cheaper cash shop means more people will use it! The higher the prices the less money will company profit! If game turns P2W thats plague of the game! Gosh i waited for AOW so long and its my number 1 because game looks epic and i dont want it to die like some other games do.

Exactly XRavager-man.

Lianka, and Mrluck don't even know what was the point of my post, nor did they read what other members were posting..

Cash shop is not a bad thing, if done right!
Sell cheap to expensive "cosmetic changes" and the game will LIVE on and have huge player base and profit! (just like League of Legends)
Sell power, and the game will die very fast. very simple.

I want this game to LIVE and i want it so bad <3

Tianshangxia
22-10-12, 10:12 PM
I agree with the poster above. The game cant go pay to win. The game will suffer from lack of longevity as players quickly choose to play another game. Anything that is too grindy or too expensive will cause the playerbase to leave. I can understand the need for paying customers and I can give money. But if there is someone out there putting hundreds of dollars into the game routinely for the purpose of pvp, or even grinding 8 hours a day for the purpose of pvp, which is beyond rational when it comes to video games. Then no one will want to be in the same server as that person.

The game needs to remain sportsman like. With equal team sizes, equal stats, equal everything. The only stats that should alter the game are the players behind the game. Not the digital characters they are controlling.

Xravager
23-10-12, 02:03 PM

Me too! :D

Tianshangxia about game being sport like that im afraid hardly ever gonna happen. Point to grind is to get cooler spells weapons or armour to actually be stronger than others. But ofc in pvp that must be balanced to keep it fun so even if someone has adventage over you u should still be able to beat him

Mrluck
23-10-12, 08:08 PM
Exactly XRavager-man.

Lianka, and Mrluck don't even know what was the point of my post, nor did they read what other members were posting..

Cash shop is not a bad thing, if done right!
Sell cheap to expensive "cosmetic changes" and the game will LIVE on and have huge player base and profit! (just like League of Legends)
Sell power, and the game will die very fast. very simple.

if you ever played a f2p game then you know the cash shop turned the game into p2w.name 1 f2p game with cash shop that is not p2w.dont compare lol (moba) or a skill based game with an mmo.
maybe cosmetics works in lol but it will never work in mmo game.why ? cuz present mmo`s are not an adventure game with fighting style similar to ps games or skill based, they depends on lvl, items or skill tree.mmo`s are kept alive by play time and rewards, either are from drop or cash shop.if u take out one of these then you will change all the mechanics.
ex:
mobs (pve) give you exp for lvl - without experience for lvl you dont need mobs, not all ppl loves pvp (personally i think if you dont like pvp then you shouldn`t play online game)
items (pve), instances (boss, raid boss) - if the game is skill based and you don`t want a game based on item stats like AOW wanna do it, then without item reward u make all those mobs pointless.(i dont see why you would spend 1 hour killing one mob if u dont receive nothing)
skills combo, ps style (no game on the market only fail hybrids)- if the fighting style is based on combo moves (kwonho,perfec ko,SSF4,etc) then u don`t need nothing to learn new skills or lvl up old skills and again killing bosses without rewards make no sense,skill tree pointless.personally i am still waiting for jade empire online fighting style where you unlock new combo moves like in kwonho. After i saw Project9 and later AOW commercial clip i thought this it will be it but i was very disapointed when i played AOW cn (same old point and click with lots of grind and farm - shame on u Snail for lying in those clips).
More than that in AOW you need to train your skills and farm for manuals and in a game where training is the key you have penalty for that.That put a huge gap between VIP (offline training,jobs - more money,more skills,high skills) and casual players.In present mmo`s i dont see how a company can keep the game alive without selling rewards.if the game is skill based (jade empire fight style - i love that game) without shortcut bar,click& move yes u can sell only cosmetics,but with those elements never
sorry for my english but i hope you will understand what i am trying to say.

Tianshangxia
23-10-12, 09:08 PM
I just started playing Dragon's nest and that game has pve progression. It only takes a month to reach level cap, so players max out multiple classes and sub classes. The pve is kill mobs, destroy bosses, get epic loot. But pvp in that game is equalized. So there was no pvp progression at first. They eventually added a new pvp format that allowed gear to be a factor to promote cash shopping. It frustrated a lot of players, however the old format of equalized pvp was still in function. So both equalized pvp and non-equalized pvp co-existed.

AOW runs only on pvp servers, and there are few safe zones where you can escape from pvp. If pvp isnt equalized, its going to make the game unplayable. I understand the need to make money, but there are already numerous mmo titles that charge simply box price as an entrance fee while promising equalized pvp.

Mrluck
29-10-12, 06:21 PM
http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/10/age-of-wushu-china-server-begins-selling-exclusive-skills/

Wahteer
30-10-12, 05:23 AM
http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/10/age-of-wushu-china-server-begins-selling-exclusive-skills/

I had heard about that. Thanks for the link.

"EDIT" from that post : Update: I was informed by a Chinese players that these skills are mostly crap, with people buying just for the sake of being “special”. For example, only 1 or 2 skills from the 18 Dragons Subduing Palms is useful now.

A comment on that post : I was informed that “18 Dragons Subduing Palms” has super low damage, and only 1 or 2 skills are ok. It is more of a cosmetic and “entertainment” skill according to the China forums.

That made me feel better :P

Protosx
31-10-12, 12:42 AM
Found this while hunting for new games on CBT that we may Test and enjoy...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/age-of-wushu-beta-and-launch-announced/

NOTE: THIS IS FOR AGE OF WUSHU not for AGE OF WULIN..I WISH!!!
The release will be on May 3, 2013
YOU CAN ONLY play the 1st wave of CBT this november if YOU PURCHASE Elite pre-sale package for $9.99 USD November beta closes on the 25th.
YOU CAN ONLY play the 2nd wave on December 20th of CBT if YOU PURCHASE one of the 3 package.

The gift sets have the additional perk of allowing players into an exclusive access period starting February 1st, giving them 90 days of play before the official launch.

OMG!!! -_-" now I understand why they call snailgames what they call them... -_-" $9.99 USD is nothing for me if the game is good... i spent $2000+ in Ragnarok online and $100+ on WOI and comparing $9.99 to that is pretty much a just a bit of it...
But what the hell is F2P means if you EVEN HAVE TO PAY TO BE ABLE TO PLAY? -_-" Thats P2P!!! NOT F2P!!! and 90 days advance access O_O Thats a pretty much super advantage for those who PAY -_-" Damn i don't want to play a game with them..even if its the best most greatest epic outstanding etc game I WILL NEVER PLAY A GAME WITH A VAMPIRE GAME COMPANY!!! >,..,<

So for those who wish to play Age of wulin...stick to gpotato or else...-_-" its your choice anyway...

I guess this is also the MAIN reason why gpotato will NOT BE ABLE to do the CBT this November... now the investigation is complete...

I will patiently wait for gpotato CBT of Age of wulin...^_^ Cyah guyz

Zxcqseqwd
31-10-12, 06:53 PM
Found this while hunting for new games on CBT that we may Test and enjoy...

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/age-of-wushu-beta-and-launch-announced/

NOTE: THIS IS FOR AGE OF WUSHU not for AGE OF WULIN..I WISH!!!
The release will be on May 3, 2013
YOU CAN ONLY play the 1st wave of CBT this november if YOU PURCHASE Elite pre-sale package for $9.99 USD November beta closes on the 25th.
YOU CAN ONLY play the 2nd wave on December 20th of CBT if YOU PURCHASE one of the 3 package.

The gift sets have the additional perk of allowing players into an exclusive access period starting February 1st, giving them 90 days of play before the official launch.

OMG!!! -_-" now I understand why they call snailgames what they call them... -_-" $9.99 USD is nothing for me if the game is good... i spent $2000+ in Ragnarok online and $100+ on WOI and comparing $9.99 to that is pretty much a just a bit of it...
But what the hell is F2P means if you EVEN HAVE TO PAY TO BE ABLE TO PLAY? -_-" Thats P2P!!! NOT F2P!!! and 90 days advance access O_O Thats a pretty much super advantage for those who PAY -_-" Damn i don't want to play a game with them..even if its the best most greatest epic outstanding etc game I WILL NEVER PLAY A GAME WITH A VAMPIRE GAME COMPANY!!! >,..,<

So for those who wish to play Age of wulin...stick to gpotato or else...-_-" its your choice anyway...

I guess this is also the MAIN reason why gpotato will NOT BE ABLE to do the CBT this November... now the investigation is complete...

I will patiently wait for gpotato CBT of Age of wulin...^_^ Cyah guyz

READ this loser,

http://www.♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=363

Stop going around with your stupid post/find out because it is totally lies.

NOOB

Quonglei
03-11-12, 07:24 AM
IT is mostly cosmetic in the item mall. and the VIP package is really the only big difference. That wil allow to to cache all your experience instead of of only 70% of it when you are a free player. It will also allow to open a stand for longer periods of time offline, and a couple of other minor things.

Protosx
04-11-12, 11:24 AM
READ this loser,

http://www.♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=363

Stop going around with your stupid post/find out because it is totally lies.

NOOB

lolz Lies? if you say so...like i said "Truth is something you believe to be the truth, and lie is something you believe not to be the truth" http://forum.wulin.gpotato.eu/threads/1040-Reply-to-topic-CBT-delay

I will not argue with you anymore.. you can call me a Liar or noob or whatever you want...as long as your happy with it thats fine...besides i don't know and i don't care about you...

Well the fact is Age of Wulin CBT will start after Age of Wushu CBT and early Open Beta Access is finished...because if Age of Wulin will do its CBT along with Age of Wushu where you have to PAY to Play the CBT then where do you think most players will play? common sense... its the same game...one is FREE the other one you have to pay... -_-"

I will play on Age of Wulin NOT ONLY because its FREE but also it has a great community... there are lots of players willing to give information and i myself think that CBT will provide me a little more info and more hands on experience because i already gathered tons of information in this community about the game... there are lots of nice players and again the community is great...unlike in Age of Wushu community...damn i never posted anything there coz the players scares me... -_-" also i saw tons of players who wants a refund...well thats off topic.. Humpf See you guys in Age of Wulin CBT! ^_~,V,,

Mythgm
04-11-12, 11:32 AM
ppl will play what suit their time zone, also with these 10$ they get VIP+3months head start which give big difference as they got meridians and chakra system already + its hard to make moneys without VIP

Protosx
04-11-12, 12:04 PM
ppl will play what suit their time zone, also with these 10$ they get VIP+3months head start which give big difference as they got meridians and chakra system already + its hard to make moneys without VIP

Hmm so that's the VIP where you have bonus like buffs for a period of time...thanks for the info...but i will rather save my $10 and use it when i play in Age of Wulin rather than give $10 USD to snailgames...Playing in snailgames is kinda scary...they charge players for CBT and you will NOT be able to play on CBT unless you pay...they are charging players BEFORE cbt even started...what more after it started? >,< i think when i look at snailgames its like looking at a baby crocodile...you know whats next when that crocodile grew... lolz

The Croc and the Player
Crocodile:Your so excited to play! Now you really wanna play? I can help you with that...now Pay $10USD!
Player:Age of Wulin CBT not certain...I really want to play! payed $10 USD

after CBT is finished...

Player: I dont want to play with you anymore! I want a Refund!
Crocodile: Okay...Put your arm through my mouth and try to reach for your $10USD in my stomach...(Its my pleasure to snap your arm >,..,<)

Yes its the players choice to pay if he/she wants to play...but is it really right to use the players excitement to ♥♥♥♥ money? even if its only for CBT? if snailgames is not really the evolution of a snail to a crocodile..then why not just let players play on CBT since its a TEST and then just charge them if they want early access or VIP? right?

Rubophen
04-11-12, 12:42 PM
Hmm so that's the VIP where you have bonus like buffs for a period of time...thanks for the info...but i will rather save my $10 and use it when i play in Age of Wulin rather than give $10 USD to snailgames...Playing in snailgames is kinda scary...they charge players for CBT and you will NOT be able to play on CBT unless you pay...they are charging players BEFORE cbt even started...what more after it started? >,< i think when i look at snailgames its like looking at a baby crocodile...you know whats next when that crocodile grew... lolz

The Croc and the Player
Crocodile:Your so excited to play! Now you really wanna play? I can help you with that...now Pay $10USD!
Player:Age of Wulin CBT not certain...I really want to play! payed $10 USD

after CBT is finished...

Player: I dont want to play with you anymore! I want a Refund!
Crocodile: Okay...Put your arm through my mouth and try to reach for your $10USD in my stomach...(Its my pleasure to snap your arm >,..,<)

Yes its the players choice to pay if he/she wants to play...but is it really right to use the players excitement to ♥♥♥♥ money? even if its only for CBT? if snailgames is not really the evolution of a snail to a crocodile..then why not just let players play on CBT since its a TEST and then just charge them if they want early access or VIP? right?

You missed a thing. Im sure Age of Wushu like as Age of Wulin will invite random people for their Closed Beta Test just before it starts. So, if you are lucky, you dont need to pay to play Age of Wushu CBT :rolleyes:

Protosx
04-11-12, 12:45 PM
You missed a thing. Im sure Age of Wushu like as Age of Wulin will invite random people for their Closed Beta Test just before it starts. So, if you are lucky, you dont need to pay to play Age of Wushu CBT :rolleyes:

I wish... but there are players who post on their forum asking for some other ways to play CBT without paying...and...well...-_-"

I feel bad for Age of wushu...but thanks to gpotato for handling the very same game...with gpotato the game is in better hands.

And there are actually those players who want to refund.. and because they cant they will actually play the game on Age of Wushu then go to Age of Wulin... their $10 is inside the crocodiles stomach and they know what will happen if they try to get it back...so they decided to rather play and wait for the age of wulin then leave age of wushu.. its a popular topic on their forums now and among players... i think age of wushu will be a ghost town when age of wulin is released just like some player says. well i'm happy that i'm on the Age of Wulin side haha

Daredevillllll
04-11-12, 12:56 PM
i dont think like that, im not shure US players will come to eu servers, US have more gamers than EU, AND!! we will have 3 servers (mean less players on server)

Protosx
04-11-12, 01:06 PM
i dont think like that, im not shure US players will come to eu servers, US have more gamers than EU, AND!! we will have 3 servers (mean less players on server)

?_? hmmm how the hell did you knew that? wow your amazing! you know that US have more gamers than EU before the game even started its CBT...WOW thats just WOW!

Less players on server means less people to find stuff like skill books and less stuff found means higher price per stuff...less players will also mean less comrades for sect spy/guard event...less players is bad for this game i think...well that goes for any MMO game thou...lolz

-_-" omg... i gotta take a rest now...bye lolz

Rubophen
04-11-12, 02:48 PM
Thats just a bad move from Gptotato to make this game in 3 different langauges and 3 servers for it. AoW world is too big to separate EU people :confused:

Minggnim
04-11-12, 03:11 PM
Thats just a bad move from Gptotato to make this game in 3 different langauges and 3 servers for it. AoW world is too big to separate EU people :confused:

Hehe, I do not mind what Gpotato does. We will be in one server while German and France people have their own. Still, the opinion all differ very much.

Tuxozke
04-11-12, 03:27 PM
I think there's gonna be two server in Age of Wushu. One in US, while the other one in Euro. After playing 9D and DO, I know for a fact that lot of euro player like playing martial art game.(example: bardo/phoenix server)

But the main thing isn't about server, but it about monthly fee. That what make F2P vs P2W a big different.

Minggnim
04-11-12, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I used to play in 9Dragons Bardo server. Speaking about monthly fee, are you saying that Age of Wushu is using monthly subscription or do I miss your point and your explanation?

Tuxozke
04-11-12, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I used to play in 9Dragons Bardo server. Speaking about monthly fee, are you saying that Age of Wushu is using monthly subscription or do I miss your point and your explanation?

Yeah, Age of Wushu is using monthly subs(aka VIP status).

Here's a quote by Pyre(AoW admin) in Age of Wushu forum:

"While Age of Wushu will be completely free to play, players will have the option to pay a small monthly fee to be upgraded to a VIP account. Below you can find all of the benefits and rewards for becoming a VIP. Please keep in mind that all of these benefits are subject to change."

Hopefully Age of Wulin would not do the same.

Mythgm
04-11-12, 05:44 PM
if You would read other topics on forum You would know each version use it, as its part of game features

Zxcqseqwd
04-11-12, 05:46 PM
Yeah, Age of Wushu is using monthly subs(aka VIP status).

Here's a quote by Pyre(AoW admin) in Age of Wushu forum:

"While Age of Wushu will be completely free to play, players will have the option to pay a small monthly fee to be upgraded to a VIP account. Below you can find all of the benefits and rewards for becoming a VIP. Please keep in mind that all of these benefits are subject to change."

Hopefully Age of Wulin would not do the same.

I think your hope will not happen, because Gpotato games had known to have vip in the game..It just the matter how much they charge for vip--but I know for sure NA version will charge 10-15usd vip per month if you want to buy..and the vip doesn't do that much except you can open ur shop longer a lil bit, and u will get full 100% exp frm training ( normally u will get 70% exp and Gpotato will do that too ).

Age of wushu isn't use monthly sub fee--the vip is just ur option--it isn't require u to pay to play when it fully free...

But I rather pay 10usd just to get all of the benefit to get ahead a bit..Rather than play a free game, but then u have to pay more than 10usd just to get the same stuff you want..those stuff could cost me 50usd+.

Mythgm
04-11-12, 06:26 PM
VIP get 5 times more chakra and newest treasure system is great for VIP as they can get tons of treasures each day while rest can get it from instances only so only few a week

from last update using professions without VIP is hell... for me game looks now more like P2P

Protosx
05-11-12, 03:40 AM
VIP get 5 times more chakra and newest treasure system is great for VIP as they can get tons of treasures each day while rest can get it from instances only so only few a week

from last update using professions without VIP is hell... for me game looks now more like P2P

hmm... so in order to be able to move forward faster in building your char then you really need to have a VIP... but the VIP affect only the char development right? and some thing like AFK?

we have $100.00 on our Age of Wulin box and after the CBT we will be able to know where that money goes hehe

- - - Updated - - -

I think your hope will not happen, because Gpotato games had known to have vip in the game..It just the matter how much they charge for vip--but I know for sure NA version will charge 10-15usd vip per month if you want to buy..and the vip doesn't do that much except you can open ur shop longer a lil bit, and u will get full 100% exp frm training ( normally u will get 70% exp and Gpotato will do that too ).

Age of wushu isn't use monthly sub fee--the vip is just ur option--it isn't require u to pay to play when it fully free...

But I rather pay 10usd just to get all of the benefit to get ahead a bit..Rather than play a free game, but then u have to pay more than 10usd just to get the same stuff you want..those stuff could cost me 50usd+.

your talking about that more than 10usd and 50usd+ again... http://forum.wulin.gpotato.eu/threads/1030-Cbt-delay/page2

How the hell did you know that players on Age of wulin have to pay more than 10usd and 50usd? is there an announcement nor post that gpotato will do that? WHERE IS THE LINK? -_-"

Tuxozke
05-11-12, 05:38 AM
Lol the battle never end...

Anyway, we are at a speculation. We still haven't know what exactly the goal of the two pubs going to be. Nevertheless, both are good choice depend on how you look at things. But sometime your gotta accept mistake, to be success in life.

That's my 2c yo!

Zxcqseqwd
05-11-12, 07:42 AM
Lol the battle never end...

Anyway, we are at a speculation. We still haven't know what exactly the goal of the two pubs going to be. Nevertheless, both are good choice depend on how you look at things. But sometime your gotta accept mistake, to be success in life.

That's my 2c yo!

He just can't get it. Play NA version or not is depend on players choice, and I didnt try to convince any1 to play NA version, I just want to point out that you paid 10usd to get 3 month vip for Free which could cost at least 10usd per month in Age of wulin ( so 3 month total 30usd at least) and a prem mount ( idk how much it would cost in age of wulin), an inventory bag, an free DVD, etc..idk how much it would cost for age of wulin players to get all of those stuff...Again, my point is, I rather pay a small fee to get all those stuff and play rather than get free access, but then again I have to pay more than 10usd just to get all the stuff I could get in NA version just for 10usd...

Again, it depend on what version players want to play, and I didnt try to convince any1 to go play NA version, I just want to point out what the benefit we could get...and that guy, just trash talk and think 10usd is the big deal..

Back to the point so say, can u get refund after you try CBT and dun like it? so what? it just 10usd, and I am sure people can easily resell their elite account for more than 10usd after CBT if they don't like it ( cuz they will end the elite sale after NOV14)...u think people dont want to pay u 20usd ( I assume u resell ur account 20usd) just to get 3 month free vip and all of stuff they want to use in the game?

Mythgm
05-11-12, 07:54 AM
@Protosx last update changed proffesions a bit,if You arent VIP and You lets say go mine ore on 2nd end of map, Your pick axe will break fast and You wont get ore, then You need go back buy new one, same with wood or fishing, farming is ok, as for herbs and poison... at 1st try i had 2 herbs in 21 trys, later checked again i picked up herbs after 47 time... we hope they change it in next maintance but now its like pay to play, especially that if You want build guild buildings You need a lot wood and ore

Protosx
05-11-12, 08:02 AM
@Protosx last update changed proffesions a bit,if You arent VIP and You lets say go mine ore on 2nd end of map, Your pick axe will break fast and You wont get ore, then You need go back buy new one, same with wood or fishing, farming is ok, as for herbs and poison... at 1st try i had 2 herbs in 21 trys, later checked again i picked up herbs after 47 time... we hope they change it in next maintance but now its like pay to play, especially that if You want build guild buildings You need a lot wood and ore

holy sss... now i understand what those chinese dude says that without VIP its like playing half a char and with VIP its like playing 2 char in one char...because the ability to get resources of 1 char doubles from normal with VIP and divided by 2 without VIP... that is like "Get VIP or Suffer the hardship" hmm... makes sense... thank you so much for the info... i think we need to save alot in order to sustain 4 accounts on VIP...

Zxcqseqwd I'm through with you now shutup and go to Age of Wushu...you are actually barking like a dog in a Lions den...so shoo! shoo! get outta here before i bury my fangs and claws in your head lost puppy! >,..,< Now thats what trolling is Bwahaha YEAH!!! ^_~,V,, haha

Minggnim
05-11-12, 08:32 PM
http://forum.wulin.gpotato.eu/threads/1030-Cbt-delay/page1

Age of wulin--free to get in--but then have to pay over 50usd+ to get all those..

3rd Post of Page 6 of this current topic

your talking about that more than 10usd and 50usd+ again... http://forum.wulin.gpotato.eu/threads/1030-Cbt-delay/page2

How the hell did you know that players on Age of wulin have to pay more than 10usd and 50usd? is there an announcement nor post that gpotato will do that? WHERE IS THE LINK? -_-"

http://i45.tinypic.com/35kucgi.jpg

The photo I made was for reminder what Protosx meant by link he provided on last queue.

Age of Wulin was meant for Europe, but that does not mean they use United States Dollars, most countries use Euro currency. All right? Of course, there is Pond for England.

Now, you have actually not mentioned before how you actually know that Gpotato will give more expensive pre-purchase package than Snail Games do? Did you just made up? if not, then where is your sources once again? Normally I am not taking sides from this pointless argument. But since I asked about this and then you respond it (see photo) which it made Protosx raised his suspicions against you, Zxcqseqdw. And you have not answered how you know about benefits from Gpotato's AoW for 50+USD (Again, it must be Euro!).

Mythgm
05-11-12, 08:41 PM
only 23 countries use euro

probably people will be able to use their country currency as I can

Heavenlydragon
05-11-12, 08:44 PM
I'm sure they can....

Protosx
06-11-12, 05:22 AM
I wish paypal or visa can be used for payment... -_-"

@Minggnim he will not be able to provide any link about his made up $10+ and $50+ etc etc... if web spiders cant provide any link then it means that information doesn't exist...

If you have a web spider program just enter this keywords "Age of Wulin" "gpotato" "10" "50" "Closed Beta" it will only show links directing to this forum and somewhere else where the only matched information are the post of that puppy...it means he is the only one who says things about that...so he just made it up...unfortunately that guy ip address is the same as another account ip address on this forum and another ip address on age of wushu forum... ^_^

@Zxcqseqwd
your busted and your stripped naked...it will be a lot easier for me to bury my fangs and claws at you now...also the service id of your system is in public >,..,<

just a friendly advice...

1:Click your network icon
2:then click properties
3:then on the general tab select internet protocol
4:then click properties
5:then on the internet protocol general tab click Advanced
6:then on the Advanced Options tab click properties
7: put a check mark on the box saying Enable TCP/IP Filtering
8:Click ok then ok then ok now your back to the Local Area Connection properties
9:click on advance tab where you will see windows firewall
10:click settings then you will see the firewall window
11:Click on advanced tab and under network connection settings
12:select the network you use then click settings
13:On the service tab make sure that NOTHING IS CHECKED specially the "remote Desktop" this is the most dangerous thing to turn on into any computer...
14:now click on ICMP tab
15:UNCHECK everything specially the "Allow incoming mask request" and "allow redirect"

You may need to restart the computer after that to make the changes take effect... if you will have internet connection problem AFTER you did that then just remove the check mark on the Enable TCP/IP Filtering..and don't worry because if you have experience a internet connection problem after putting a checkmark on that it means that your ISP is already using a IP filtering either on your ISP server or on the modem provided by your ISP ^_^ so just uncheck and restart again... but for Zxcqseqwd if you experience a problem after putting a checkmark on the ip filter then dont uncheck it...let it be...i will be more than happy for you to stay unplugged on the internet ^_^ wahahaha but if you did have a internet problem that you cant fix... then maybe... maybe... who knows? >,..,<

This is the basic OS hack/extract/copy/control prevention...anyone can do this...

I will not explain everything for you but if someone ask then i will be more than happy to...but for you its a NO NO NO...well don't ever think that I'm being nice to you or I'm doing this for you... coz i DONT ^_^ I'm doing this for myself...because just 1 click and you can see GREEN OS KERNEL ERROR BSOD on your screen and unless you reinstall your OS which also means deleting all data on the drive where your OS resides you cant fix it...or just replace your system storage which is much worst... so please do it now

>,..,< Before i bury my fangs and claws at you >,..,<

Minggnim
06-11-12, 08:26 AM
When Zxcqseqwd told this
Age of wulin--free to get in--but then have to pay over 50usd+ to get all those.. . I was pretty sure he lost the entire fight in this very discussion forum.

Protosx
06-11-12, 08:56 AM
When Zxcqseqwd told this . I was pretty sure he lost the entire fight in this very discussion forum.

That's the trap he set...then he steps on his own trap... -_-" what a fool... we will see a barking puppy soon... but i really wish he did the things i posted before he barks again...

Tuxozke
06-11-12, 11:25 PM
We'll see how both server play their role, especially on VIP status.

Frozenfin
07-11-12, 08:21 AM
Knowing gpots rappelz i bet drops are too cheap and credit card hero's alot :D

Zxcqseqwd
07-11-12, 10:05 AM
u think i have internet problem or i knw nothing abt pc? u wrong..Iam just busy playing league of legend and dun care abt this animore cuz the client download for elite will be up soon. you guys can continues to wait here until unknown date for gpotato cbt..
I just dun want to do bad thing, if I want, I can track out ur ip or even this forum IP then I can shut down the forum as easy as I can by click the button from my andro loader with 20k installs in there..This forum or even ur internet connection will be shut down in no time..but I just dun want to do bad stuff for no reason...peace..

Protosx
07-11-12, 10:33 AM
u think i have internet problem or i knw nothing abt pc? u wrong..Iam just busy playing league of legend and dun care abt this animore cuz the client download for elite will be up soon. you guys can continues to wait here until unknown date for gpotato cbt..
I just dun want to do bad thing, if I want, I can track out ur ip or even this forum IP then I can shut down the forum as easy as I can by click the button from my andro loader with 20k installs in there..This forum or even ur internet connection will be shut down in no time..but I just dun want to do bad stuff for no reason...peace..

-_-" The puppy is barking on the lions den again... no one in here said that you know nothing about computers...also if i think that your not a computer literate then i will not give those direct steps..thats a DeLL Computer Technician 101..Give instructions base on your customers computer literacy level... and i think your computer literate...not just a expert nor a mid level comp literate...and you can go ahead and try to bust this forum...you can even try to get my IP and actually i can give it to you... its 192.168.1.1 ^_^ my local IP address is 124.6.181.35 heres the link http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/124.6.181.35

unfortunately even ipchicken nor other websites cant get my real location with that ip address... -_-" even i cant track my computers location without my computer service ID or physical address -___-"

Like i said... some ISP already uses IP Filter... and there are around 3million+ with the same IP address as mine that are also connected to that Local IP address...

My point is...knowing someones IP address is USELESS if you cant get the computers Physical Address ^_^ there are IP addresses that are similar with each other...remember IP address can be changed etc etc... BUT YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE the computers Physical Address...its unique... but even if you get my computer physical address you can either get a computer in Korea or Japan...or even US... coz my computer physical address is MASKED ^_^ have you forgotten...I already said that your computer Physical address(service id) is in public right? "in public" it means its easily seen by those who know how to read the lines...

Are you sure that you can really play? what if your computer crashed? like a Green kernel error Blue screen of death? well you can install everything again right? and what if it crashed again? then again? and again...and again...and then you try to connect another computer to the network then i get the physical address again or service ID of what we call it in DeLL then your system crash again...and again...and even if you follow those steps your system crashes again and again everytime you connect it to the network...then you try to change the hard drive but you dont know that not all viruses can be found on the hard drive..sometimes on the rom or even on any device connected inside your laptop where a virus can he hidden...oops... >,<

I hope you enjoy the game..really i do ^_^ But i'm sure i'm gonna enjoy this >,..,< hehe

And I will not play on Age of Wushu but my sister will and my cousin will..and when the CBT for age of wulin starts then its bye bye to Age of Wushu ^_^ some players will only play CBT on age of wushu but they dont have any plans on staying there...coz they know what will happen after the CBT and that 3 months early access...And i'm 100% sure you cant turn down this forum... your delusional again...i think your on drugs...really ^_^ you dont want to do it or you just cant do it? wahaha this is the last time i will waste my time with this puppy...

Ixthua
07-11-12, 11:02 AM
My point is...knowing someones IP address is USELESS if you cant get the computers Physical Address ^_^ there are IP addresses that are similar with each other...remember IP address can be changed etc etc... BUT YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE the computers Physical Address...its unique... but even if you get my computer physical address you can either get a computer in Korea or Japan...or even US... coz my computer physical address is MASKED ^_^ have you forgotten...I already said that your computer Physical address(service id) is in public right? "in public" it means its easily seen by those who know how to read the lines...

By law internet provider must keep logging user internet activity (access address / time), police has the authority to check these logs on demand to deal with right violations. Many people were caught this way. Basically everything you do is logged by every server it passes through, started from the provider router. Since you shared your IP it tells Ma**ti city.
Physical address can be changed in two ways: change the network card; change it in your OS configuration.

Any server can be shut down by getting more simultaneous connections than it can handle, though modern servers can handle thousands of them.

Zxcqseqwd
08-11-12, 12:18 AM
By law internet provider must keep logging user internet activity (access address / time), police has the authority to check these logs on demand to deal with right violations. Many people were caught this way. Basically everything you do is logged by every server it passes through, started from the provider router. Since you shared your IP it tells Ma**ti city.
Physical address can be changed in two ways: change the network card; change it in your OS configuration.

Any server can be shut down by getting more simultaneous connections than it can handle, though modern servers can handle thousands of them.

exactly..I think he never heard the term DDOS..it can shut down any small network such as website/home connection etc. Since you gave out your IP, I am sure when I am bored..I will send at least 15k installs/bots/zombies computer to connect to your home internet at the same time and I am sure your internet will crash or even your ISP will banned you from using their service...

Physical computer ID can be changed...

I don't want to break any law, but if you really make me mad..I can go to internet cafe, log in my andro loader..click send then your internet will be doomed..

and He said I can't turn down this forum? I had turned down many forum with my DDOS atk..and yet it power is 15GBs+..any people expert in this area will know I saying the truth or not

Harutoalex
08-11-12, 03:01 AM
exactly..I think he never heard the term DDOS..it can shut down any small network such as website/home connection etc. Since you gave out your IP, I am sure when I am bored..I will send at least 15k installs/bots/zombies computer to connect to your home internet at the same time and I am sure your internet will crash or even your ISP will banned you from using their service...

I don't want to break any law, but if you really make me mad..I can go to internet cafe, log in my andro loader..click send then your internet will be doomed..

and He said I can't turn down this forum? I had turned down many forum with my DDOS atk..and yet it power is 15GBs+..any people expert in this area will know I saying the truth or not

As i said in a previous comment: "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" ~Bruce Lee~. Dude 1 thing... Give us facts not empty words.

Protosx
08-11-12, 08:55 AM

yeah it says makati city and some site shows visayas region and sometimes it shows korea etc etc but the thing is none of them is my real location..that why i share them...its like when your dealing with pirates who wants to get your treasure map...rather than hiding the map why not give them a map that will make them go around in circles? and just burn the real map and only you who knows about it...right? ^_^ you dont think that i will give any means of ways for anyone to track me down right? oh my you stepped on the trap...wahahah damn! haha

Also i'm here in the Philippines... havent you heard that theres no such thing as LAW in the internet here? no? dont worry our government tried to put a LAW for internet and the effect is devastating enough to make them realize that they cant... its a lions den... anyone enters is as good as dead...

"Physical address can be changed in two ways: change the network card; change it in your OS configuration."

yup and thanks for that info but i guess Zxcqseqwd cant really do that and doesnt want to do that...also even if he change it theres no point coz its not really just his physical address i'm gonna use to track him...everything will be used to track him down... well i'm not a black hat...much more not a gray hat...so its no use...its against my code.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...what? -_-" your a fool... really... by the way my server computer runs with a backdoor that only allows OUTGOING traffic... and my main connection which runs on a sandboxed OS with dual kernel runs my internal systems network activities any request that doesnt have a valid certificate is dropped before it was even analyzed...its like a checkpoint where any suspicious person is shot in the head...even if its a kid or a baby...even if its a puppy they all get killed if they dont have that valid cert...and if they does and the sandbox says kill it...then its just killed...and it runs in a RAID 0-1 so thats 99.99% useless for you to crash my system...coz after 12 seconds everything is installed all over again... ^_^ oh and one more thing... your not a white hat, not even a black hat or gray hat...and never gonna be an elite...so your words are useless coz your really nothing... ^_^ now please show me your power ^_^ just make sure that i dont get any picture of you or you might spend the rest of your life trying to delete your scandalous picture on the internet...

lolz tweet Tweet >,..,<

hehe what would your mom says if she sees his son Fcking a dog? I'm sure shes gonna say "YOU B~A~S~T~A~R~D!!!" coz you are right??? a b@st@rd! haha wait a puppy fcking a dog? oh my...how about your wife? oh exwife? soon? nahhh haha ^_^ your daughter? wahahaha damn i dont want to give you the creeps but you know I'm way out of your league... ^_~

dont worry my flight to riyadh is by monday next week... some 2 year contract that i will finish within 3 months maybe? i wish...coz i want to have lots of time playing Age of Wulin...hahaha but im gonna make fun of your Age of Wushu first...how about deleting your items? or messing up your char? change password if you want...it will go to your email where i'm waiting for it...hehe >,..,< damn i'm gonna enjoy every bit of this...

"I am sure your internet will crash or even your ISP will banned you from using their service..."

You see thats actually impossible if I myself owns the tower... and like i said there are millions of ip address connected to that local address...and theres only 1 thing for sure... My ISP will HUNT YOU DOWN ^_^ not me...lolz wahaha Your so stupid wahahaha My isp will banned me? my internet will crash? wtf...haha yeah my internet sometimes crashes but its not because of you or your so called hack etc etc... what a fool... -_-" i already gave you an IP address and a Local Ip address but you cant still find me... and your telling me your gonna hack my system? oh cut the crap no ones buying it lolz

Ixthua
08-11-12, 01:27 PM
yeah it says makati city and some site shows visayas region and sometimes it shows korea etc etc but the thing is none of them is my real location..that why i share them...its like when your dealing with pirates who wants to get your treasure map...rather than hiding the map why not give them a map that will make them go around in circles? and just burn the real map and only you who knows about it...right? ^_^ you dont think that i will give any means of ways for anyone to track me down right? oh my you stepped on the trap...wahahah damn! haha
I didn't use those websites like iptools. You know when you connect somewhere you need to go through numerous servers before you reach the destination. For example there are 12 servers between me and NA aow server, so by viewing the route i can tell the server location pretty accurate. Same goes for any ip address, i am sure there is no more servers between you and ma**ti, so thats where to look. Servers log everything by default, and people prefer it this way, even if they aren't forced.
And what you said about raid 10, its a mirror to increase system stability (all changes are recorded on two hard drives simultaneously, redundancy to prevent data loss if one drive fail), not a backup technology.

Crubenzon
04-01-13, 12:04 PM
I hope gPotato makes the right move and doesn't make this pay2win. What a shame it would be if this game became pay2win, because the game is downright amazing (playing NA version atm). I can't recall when was the last time I was this hooked to an MMORPG (I tried literally hunderds).

Somehow I doubt they'll go for non-p2w model though :(

I do agree with some advantages for VIPs, but as it is right now on the NA version I believe it's a bit too much advantage.
Basically the only thing ruining this game could be the cash shop / pay2win model.

Here's to hoping they won't destroy it with pay2win!

Aidanx
05-01-13, 08:39 AM
so long as they don't do the same thing as age of wushu did in CBT2 and sell Cultivation points for silver

Mythgm
05-01-13, 04:45 PM
You can buy it in cn and sg version so it probably will be in all versions

Aidanx
05-01-13, 09:10 PM
Disappointing, was the only reason i stopped playing Wushu

Shimanko
02-02-13, 09:33 AM
==> pay2win

Darkrazvy
02-02-13, 01:59 PM
If Webzen really bought Age of Wulin then u can be sure 100% Age of Wulin will be a PAY TO WIN game.

Webzen are MASTERS in creating 'special items' for a limited time (ofc these 'special items' can be get ONLY via Cash Shop).