content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Few things i don't like in Age of Wushu

A few things i don't like in Age of Wushu and i hope they will be better or changed in Age of Wulin.

1.) They didn't adjust the length of the buttons, interface for the texts. Most of the time you must hover your cursor over a button if you want to read what the whole text is. Even if it's just a small word.

2.) There's no mouse wheel support for the map (you can't zoom in and out with the mouse wheel) and for other windows with long texts. Even the most terrible MMO has this feature.

3.) There is no naming system in Age of Wushu which is in the Chinese version. That system in Chinese version doesn't allow to make stupid names with numbers or other characters, and only allows to make authentic names. It's a great system, i really hope Age of Wulin will have this.

4.) There's no day and night cycle in the game (yes in Chinese version too). There's always daytime. I really hope it's just temporary and we will have this in the future...

5.) There's no weather system...

6.) I hope the English translation in Age of Wulin will be better because in Age of Wushu it's not really great...

7.) Language filter: it's obviously still designed for only the Chinese version because it censors even the most basic English words.
    Last edited by Davidtron; 17-11-12 at 03:09 PM.

Closed Beta Tester ★★★ Rubophen's Avatar
    Agreed. They knew all of this bugs before CBT starts, but why didnt fix it? Its so lame
    BTW, im sure SnailGame has patch files and they dont make new ones, only for Age of Wushu bugs.
    And my next question: Gpotato will get patches from SnailGame and cant do any changes in patch, only translate it?
    Last edited by Rubophen; 17-11-12 at 06:50 PM.

Never be offline, or i'll kidnap you

Banned ★★★★
    is how this business works ,there has to be bugs in order so they can call it a closed beta ,they already fixed them all they need is to apply some patches in cb 2 ,and why ? because CB's are more advertisements today than closed betas ,only MMO i know which is in a real CB is Firefall those devs listen to the players and change it accordingly ,90% of the MMO's use CB as advertisement and it is what it is ,same goes for future content ,they have all those updates from the start ,but they release them after months/years ,developers are idiots ,and the bigger idiots are those who piss on people with stupid DLC's for single player campaigns ,so they can milk more money from people ,and people fall for it like idiots ,is amazing ,... once i finish the campaign is DONE for me ,i don't return a year later to play a measly retarded DLC ,

Closed Beta Tester ★★★★★
    I felt the same way against closed betas these days, Aowf@an.

Patience is not the key.

Closed Beta Tester
    Judging by 2 weeks of play on russian server:

-Long cooldown when switching between fighting styles. I understand that they trying to balance combat and fear long CC chains but they could balance it in less restrictive way: through deminishing returns (see WoW). Limitation of 8 skills instead of potentially hundreds makes combat much less varied and dynamic.

-No way to interrupt croud control chain. I want something like pvp trinket in WoW.

-How patrolling and spying done. Idea is great, but how they done is really bad. While patrol guard you cant tell for sure is a stranger really a spy or just runs nearby. You have to follow him for 20 minutes since detect ability wont reveal him at once and has long cooldown. Spying isnt better also. Use ability, hide, wait, meh. Could be amazing system if they put more thought into it.

-Dungeons. Long and boring.

-Some schools have no relient snare or CC. Chasing tang who throws daggers at you is a nightmare. And you cant stop a criminal riding a horse as Emei no matter how hard you try. Not until you get ground slide ability which is very expensive (650+L on russian server).

-Loadings between zones.

-Stucking in environment.

Closed Beta Tester *** Darkzoid's Avatar
    - Combat need to be a little more fast paced and have better reaction when you click the skill button. It's hard to get combos, especially when in air.

I'm sure the pace won't change, but you can always hope.

Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkzoid View Post
    - Combat need to be a little more fast paced and have better reaction when you click the skill button. It's hard to get combos, especially when in air.
    You probably have latency issues. Abilities react right when I press them.

Closed Beta Tester *** Darkzoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipden View Post
    You probably have latency issues. Abilities react right when I press them.
    Yeah i tried Age of Wushu, the US version. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkzoid View Post
    Yeah i tried Age of Wushu, the US version. :/
    yeah I have the same on the US version but on the Russian one they work a lot better (ping is better).

Closed Beta Tester *
    Since the title refers to Age of Wushu I take it that the OP played on the NA server.

I have been playing on the Russian server for a week now and participated in the NA CB before that. The Russian server gives you a much better taste of how the game works and it a lot more fun due to the latency. Skills respond much faster which allows you to make longer combo chains and so on.

Ofcourse there are still flaws here and there but nothing major game breaking if you can look through it (Which you should since its a free game).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast